Husted Announces Profiles
Featured businesses highlight Ohio travel and tourism the state’s fourth largest industry.
COLUMBUS – Secretary of State Jon Husted today announced that as part of an ongoing effort to recognize the impact of Ohio businesses, July’s Ohio Business Profile encourages travelers from near and far to “take a tour” in Ohio.
“It’s summer vacation season and a fitting time to recognize the impact of tourism on Ohio’s economy,” Secretary Husted said. “The companies and attractions we are featuring this month contribute to a $38 billion industry that supports more than 439,000 Ohio jobs and generates $2.6 billion in state and local taxes.”*
Companies profiled this month include:
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium - Powell, Ohio – Ranked the #1 zoo in America and home to more than 10,000 animals.
- Columbus Food Adventures - Columbus, Ohio – Offers guided food tours with a behind-the-scenes peek at some of your favorite local restaurants.
- Longhorns Head to Tail Tours - Barnesville, Ohio – Provide up close and personal interaction with Texas Longhorns in the beautiful Appalachian foothills.
- Wright B Flyer, Inc. - Miamisburg, Ohio – Helps Ohioans rediscover their aviation roots with a museum and fully-functioning replica 1911 aircraft carrying on the legacy of the Wright brothers.
- JB Tours – Fostoria, Ohio – Guides casino trips, cruise packages, and day trips to sporting events sure to please guests of all ages.
- Amish Heartland Tours - Millersburg, Ohio- Provides the original and longest running back road tours in Ohio’s Amish country.
Launched in June 2011, Ohio Business Profile has helped raise awareness about companies registered and doing business in Ohio that are creating interesting products, offering outstanding service, contributing to their local communities and employing Ohioans in the process. Each month, a handful of diverse businesses linked together by a common theme are featured on the Secretary of State’s website atOhioBusinessProfile.com, where Ohioans are encouraged to go to submit companies they feel are deserving of recognition in future months.
Secretary Husted’s office also releases a monthly report of new business filings in Ohio. Recent data has shown that the number of newly-registered businesses in Ohio is up for the year as compared to the same timeframe last year.
*Source: Ohio Division of Travel and Tourism www.DiscoverOhio.com.